Planning something fun? Let us know!
Published on the first day of the month as a pullout section of The Wilson Times and distributed independently at select locations, Wide Awake Wilson is Wilson County’s one-stop guide for local events, activities, happenings and things to do. We welcome submissions of calendar listings as well as press releases and photos. Calendar listings are published free of charge as a public service the month of your event. Paid display advertising is available to help organizers get their message out in advance and make their events stand out from the crowd. For more information, contact email@example.com or Lisa Boykin Batts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure consistency and streamline the process, we’ve established the following calendar guidelines:
- Events should take place in The Wilson Times’ readership and circulation area, which includes all of Wilson County as well as southern Nash County, northern Wayne and Johnston counties and western Edgecombe County.
- If attendees are asked to register or RSVP, include the registration deadline and instructions.
- Photos are welcome, but we can’t guarantee all we receive will be used. Churches are invited to share announcements for festivals and other special events open to the general public, but worship services will continue to be listed in the church calendar published in The Wilson Times on Saturdays.
- All submissions become property of The Wilson Times and are subject to editing for clarity, consistency, spelling, grammar and style.
- Press releases and photos can also be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for publication in Wide Awake Wilson is the 15th of the month prior to publication.